ODF is an international standard for office productivity format, adopted by ISO. ODF is fundamental to enabling computer education globally.
ODF is the National Standard of countries such as South Africa and Uruguay.
ODF is easy to learn and specifies the way documents, presentations and spreadsheets are stored in a computer by popular Office Productivity Free/Libre and Open Source Software such as OpenOffice. Anyone who has used any presentation software can immediately start using ODF software such as OpenOffice.org.
To Promote the ODF File formats , ODF Allaince is organising a Presentation competition for the school studnents all over the world.
Topics for India School Students are
Topics and Categories
Up to Class V -Why should I learn Computers?
Class VI to VIII -Benefits of Open Source Software to my school
Class IX & X -Open Standards: Freedom from Digital Divide
Class XI & XII -Importance of Open Standards for good Governance
Evaluation Parameters for the ODF Olympiad Trophy
Relevance of topic
Creativity & Visual Appeal
Organisation of the content
Use of embedded tools (e.g. spreadsheet)
ODF OLYMPIAD PROCESS
- Create presentation in ODF using OpenOffice.org or any other Free/Libre and Open Source, ODF compliant software.
- The presentation should not have more than total of 21 slides (including introduction and Thank you slide)
- The presentation file size should not exceed 1MB
- Each Slide should not have more than two clicks for navigation
Email the presentation to email@example.com along with your details.-
before 15th November, 2008
The Subject of the email must be in the following format for example “Category II, Gandhi National School”
For clarifications email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participation Certificates for All
- Attractive Prizes for 3 winners in each category
- Silver Plaque for school of the winner in each category
- Prestigious ODF Olympiod Trophy for the winning school
- Software Freedom Trophy for the inter-country winning school
Powered by ScribeFire.