ILUGC Monthly Meet (February 11 th):-
A full day workshop in the lab for GNU/Linux
Time : Sat February 11 2012 (9.00 – 4.00 PM)
Department of Information Technology,
Madras Institute of Technology,
Contact : Anandakrishnan [ ananthakrishnan.ravi AT gmail DOT com ]
Workshop of GNU/Linux
Following topics will be trained
1. PAM authentication, Introduction to common system configuration
files & log files
2. Configuring networking, basics of TCP/IP networking and routing,
3. Setting up email servers – using postfix
4. Setting up web servers – using Apache (for HTTP services)
5. Understanding build systems – constructing make files and using make, using
autoconf and autogen to automatically generate make files tailored for different
development environments, Using flex (lex) and bison (yacc) to design parsers
6. Process management
Trainer: Baskar [ baskar910 AT gmail DOT com ], a freelance FOSS trainer.
General group discussions on any queries, events etc.
CDs/DVDs can be shared on prior request.
Announce this to all your friends, social network sites etc.
All are welcome. Entry Free.