Here is a request for contributing fedora:
Is anyone interested in helping lead Ask Fedora? The following tasks needs to be done on a regular basis:
- Update and test Askbot whenever there is a new upstream release
- Coordinate with Kevin Fenzi (nirik in #fedora-admin) for deploying to staging instance and test it for regressions, flesh out new features etc
- Deploy to production instance after testing. Having some knowledge of Puppet would help in doing this task but if not coordinate with Kevin for this as well
- Developing or coordinating development of new features useful for Ask Fedora. Python and Django knowledge would be useful for this step but not mandatory
- Develop policies for moderators, helping out as a admin for Ask Fedora and keeping an eye on the forum in general, including unanswered questions.
- Last but not the least, participate in the forum itself but asking or answering questions.
You can delegate some of these tasks and do it as a team. Let me know if you want to take over. I will still be involved to whatever extend I can but I would like to hand off primary responsibilities to someone
else and focus on other things at the moment.
Rahul Sundaram <metherid @ gmail . com>