Lua is a lightweight multi-paradigm programming language designed as a scripting language with “extensible semantics” as a primary goal.
Mr. Girish from Indian Linux Users Group, Chennai is conducting an one day workshop on LUA programming.
Date: February 10th , Sunday
Time: 9 am to 6 pm
3/5, thandavarayan Street,
Chennai – 600 014
PH: 044 – 28353884
It is free of cost. And the syllabus is as given below:
1) What is lua? Why is it popular? What is it used for?
2) Some examples on conditions, looping, math, string operations, syntax and semantics
3) Some real life examples, for user I/O,file I/O, pattern matching
4) Lua objects, tables and meta tables, advanced lua coding
5) Embedding Lua and calling from C and vice versa
6) Workshop of using lua modules like socket, smtp, http, postgres
Bring your own laptops with Lua installed 🙂
It is free. Open for anyone.
No registration required.
All are welcome.