An environment where all virtual resource, tools and knowledge related to Tamil Language and ethnic groups, are accessible free and open to all.
To ensure that use of Tamil language is advanced, parallel to social economic and scientific development and to provide knowledge and resources free and open to all.
- [Tamil NLP using open-tamil python library – SRM Valliammai Engineering College, Chennai(http://www.kaniyam.com/open-tamil-workshop-at-srm-valliammai-engg-collge-chennai/)
- Training on Ebook Making for teachers who write new syllabus for 12 Tamil subject, DPI, Chennai
- Talk on Tamil and Technology, Karaikudi
- This month released – 11
- Total – 472
- S. Rajeswari
- Lenin Gurusamy
- This month – 18
- Total – 671
- s. Kuppan
This month – 11
- This month – 1
- Total – 2
Last month, we trained 7 tamil students for proofreading books on Tamil Wikisource. Divya completed one book Thanks Balaji for training them.
Training Videos for proofreading ebooks at Tamil Wikisource
Balaji is creating small video tutorials on proof reading at Tamil Wikisource. They are here. https://wp.me/p26fdA-1Md
- There was a XSS security issue with the Send2Kindle software, where we can send the mobi books to our kindle directly. Abu found this issue and provided solution. Fix is applied.
- There was some issues with DNS server. This caused redirections for many on FreeTamilEbooks.com Thanks to Ravi, Lokesh, Dhanasekar and Vignesh for reporting and fixing.
- Web application for TTS is under development. Will release a beta version in 2 or 3 weeks.
- Windows version for Pdf2Text OCR is being developed. Will release in 2 or 3 weeks.
- Panjabi wikisource team asked for a server to run OC scripts. Noolaham Foundation donated a server for them.
This month Donors
- Unknown – 1000 INR
- Mahadevan – 5500 INR
- Vijaya Kumar- 5500 INR
- T. Shrinivasan – 2500 INR ( received at open-tamil workshop)
- T. Shrinivasan – 15,000 INR
- Noolaham Foundation – server worth of Rs 350/month
Last month balance – 10,000 INR
Total Balance – 39,500 INR
We are still not started paying stipend for proof reading works. Will start from December.
Bank account details
Kaniyam Foundation Account Number : 606 1010 100 502 79 Union Bank Of India West Tambaram, Chennai IFSC - UBIN0560618
- Please send your donations to this account to support activities of Kaniyam Foundation
- Send your name, donation details to email@example.com
For more information or queries, write to – firstname.lastname@example.org