Kaniyam Foundation December 2018 Report in English
An environment where all virtual resource, tools and knowledge related to Tamil Language and ethnic groups, are accessible free and open to all.
To ensure that use of Tamil language is advanced, parallel to social economic and scientific development and to provide knowledge and resources free and open to all.
- MoU signed with SRM Valliammai Engineering College for regular activities
- One day Machine Learning Training for faculties of SRM vallimmai Engineering College
|No||Activities||This month released||Total||Contributors|
|1||FreeTamikEbooks.com Ebooks||14||487||S. Rajeswari – Lenin Gurusamy – Rishan Shareeff|
|2||Kaniyam.com articles||20||754||Nithya – Kalarani – S.Kuppan|
Created a project page at Tamil wikisource for kaniyam contributions. Wrote about the goals, guidelines for contributors etc. 7 contributors joined so far. One ebook is proofread, validated fully and released. 2 books are proofread and waiting for validation. Here is the List of books being worked on
Thanks to Wikisource Volunteer Balaji for guiding the project.
- An Android app is being developed to record audio for wiktionary words. Source.
- Web based Tamil text to speech ( TTS on Web ) is ready. Exploring suitable server for its installations.
- Pdf2Text OCR Windows version is being developed and its few issues are solved.
- Initial plans for making Tamil spellchecker are started. Linguistic professor Mr. Palani and Software developer Mr.Ethiraj are working on documenting the requirements. Once the design is written, will start programming.
- An android app and website are requested for Sangam Literature by Nandanam Govt arts college prof.Sankar. App is ready and website is under development. app source.
Writing the discussions about new projects.
- DIY Scaner
- Othangarai Digital Library
- New website for PDF ebooks
- Buying ebooks text from Tamil Man Publishers
- Scanning books at Gnanalaya Library, Pudukottai
- Hiring Full time programmers for Tamil software development
Once all the plans, contributors and enough funds are raised, these plans will get into actions.
This month Donors
- CR Selvakumar, Canada – INR 50,000
- Lokesh Jeyakrishnan, America – INR 6,500
- Noolaham Foundation – server worth of Rs 350/month
Last month balance – INR 39, 500
Total Balance – INR 96,000
Donations and expense details are documented in this sheet .
We are still not started paying stipend for proof reading works. Will start from January. Programs to calculate the contributions of wikisource contributors are being developed see discussion .
Bank account details
Kaniyam Foundation Account Number : 606 1010 100 502 79 Union Bank Of India West Tambaram, Chennai IFSC - UBIN0560618
- Please send your donations to this account to support activities of Kaniyam Foundation
- Send your name, donation details to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or queries, write to – email@example.com