I blogged on the topic “How to ask IITM to release IndicTTS as Free/Open Source Software?” recently.
Had a good discussion about this on the ILUGC mailing list too.
As a followup on this, filed a RTI on this.
We can request for any information online in the portal https://rtionline.gov.in itself. Registration asks for our address and phone number. Then we can fill the request form.
Note : The content box does not allow Question mark and URL.
Asked for the below information.
Is there any government policy or G.O to release the software developed by or funded by Department of Electronics and Information Technology (Deity) and Ministry of Communication and Information Technology (M CIT) as Free/Open Source software
2. Is IITMadras funding SSN engg college to develop a Tamil Text to speech software
3. If so, how much is the funded amount
4. Send me the project plan, roadmap, and cost splitups for the development
5. There is a open source android app for Tamil text to speech at IITM site. (IITM donlab site)
This is very very old. But the latest development by SSN college available at [ speech DOT ssn DOT edu DOT in ] is very new and works well. Why it is not released as Free/Open Source Software with source code
6. When can we get the latest Tamil Text to speech software from SSN college, as free/open source software with source code
Once submitted, paid Rs 10 via its online payment gateway. It was smooth.
Received an acknowledgment as below.
Fine. Let me wait for 30 days for the responses.
Will share the results here.