Here are few more project ideas.
1. mobile/web app to record voice for wikisoure – Show a word, record it, upload to commons, link back to wiktionary.
2. mobile/web app to record audio books – FreeTamilEbooks needs audio books too
3. wordpress to android app convertor – Why cant we convert a wordpress site as android app with RSS feeds?
4. epub to apk convertor – Let us publish ebooks as mobile apps too.
5. blog to epub convertor – fix, add images
Add a feature to download images and add them to ebooks.
6. Daily mobi files for tamil newspapers
Crawl newspapers daily, make mobi, send them to kindle in email daily.
7. Send to kindle – feature for FTE
Add Send to kindle feature to FreeTamilEbooks.com site
8. Lime survey – SAAS – alternate to google forms
Explore limesurvey and make it as alternate for google forms.
9. Collect politicians info and release as app, site
How can we collect all politicians details as education, assets etc and publish for public?
10. setup ELK for tamil literature search, build a search engine on top of it
Explore using ElasticSearch and Kibana for Tamil Text analysis.
11. fix android app to record audio for wiktionary –
12. Analyse tamil tv/radio show audio, find how many english words are used/hour
This paper may help
Contact Ganesh for python implementation of this algo
13. gui for voice record/upload – wiktionary
This needs a GUI version for windows users
14. gui for csv uploader
This needs a GUI for windows users
15. gui for open-tamil font convertor
Need a web application or GUI for all features of open-tamil
16. mobile app to teach tamil – pollachi nasan
17. wiki massuser create
Sometimes, we need to create 100s of users on wikipedia, for any training/event. Currently, only 6 users can be created. Admins can create multiple users, one by one. Automate this process using mechanize and beautifulsoup.
18. OCR4wikisource web version using google vision api
Rewrite https://github.com/tshrinivasan/OCR4wikisource with google vision api and give a web interface.
19. create a command line TTS from the source of a mobile TTS app.
Here is a open source TTS mobile app for tamil.
Register and download the source and apk.
The voice named “Naveen” is good.
There are many c files in the folder
Can you compile those files and give a binary file as a command line tool?
Explore these code and share your thoughts on how to convert this as a
desktop/command line application so that we can use it in our
20. Create a GUI app for bulk photo uploader for http://commons.wikimedia.org